Saturday, 24 July 2010

One rule for them....

I love Freedom of Information requests. I use them all the time to make the lives of those who would attempt to rule me hell. Seems fair, if you're going to take my money under threat of imprisonment, the very least you can do is tell me what you intend to do with it.

Alas, our Parliament has decided it need not respond to Freedom of Information requests. It is of course breaking the very law it introduced but that matters not. The main thing is that we are kept ignorant.

An example?

Well, would you vote for an MP who racks up a bar bill of thousands (already subsidised by you and me) and simply refuses to pay? Of course you wouldn't. Which is why despite THREE warnings, Parliament did not release the details of 200 MPs who managed to quaff their way through £140,000 of cheap booze until May 19th- after the election.

Will Parliament be held to account? Will someone be punished? Of course not.

I recommend we all ask Parliament again for the names of those who do not pay their bills. It would be fun to find out if Mark Reckless has settled his account yet after getting so drunk he could not vote.

Off you go, you know you want to

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain


Related Posts with Thumbnails