I, Old Holborn, as candidate in the General Election 2010 hereby agree to the following contract with my constituents:
• I will remain a fiercely loyal representative for my constituents. I will not put any party or other interest, before my constituents. If I do, I will resign.
• I will work with any organisation in Scotland, the UK or Europe if it will help the people of my constituency.
• I will never promise what I know I cannot deliver.
• I will endeavor to acknowledge all letters from constituents within 24 hours between Monday and Friday.
• I will endeavor to acknowledge all emails from constituents within 24 hours between Monday and Friday but hopefully sooner.
• I will attend regular advice/consultation sessions which will be widely advertised in the constituency. I will arrange home visits for the elderly, disabled and carers.
• I will never knowingly claim credit for something when the credit is not mine.
• I will tell people my real views, even when I know they will disagree with me.
• I will do my best to keep my website updated every day. I will blog regularly.
• My calendar will be published on my website and kept up to date daily from Monday to Friday.
• I will not claim one penny in expenses that is not absolutely required for me to carry out my job as an MP. If I do not keep this pledge, I will resign.
• I will publish my expenses (if any), in full, monthly or possibly weekly on my website. If I do not keep this pledge, I will resign.
• I will not use any taxpayer funded equipment or office for any other reason that to carry out my duties of MP. If I do not keep this pledge, I will resign.
• I will be a whistleblower against anyone. In this, I will not be anonymous and I will use the press. If I am caught knowing about illegality or sleaze and not whistle blowing, I will resign.
• I will be a full time MP with no jobs outside politics nor will I take any money from anyone for access. If I do work for anyone, it will be in a voluntary capacity which will not infringe on my time as an MP.
Signed Old Holborn 27.4.2010
UPDATE: I'm asking the other candidates to sign this contract too.
Also, I would like to add one more Clause
- I will work tirelessly to get Lenny Henry OFF the BBC. He can earn his own money in the private sector if he thinks he's worth any.