Monday, 5 October 2009

Tobacco Control Officer?


Ms Wright had stopped at traffic lights in Armagh when she was spotted by a tobacco control officer.
Yup. They exist in Ireland. And Northern Ireland. PLEASE let them have a uniform.


Bernard Manning said...

How appropriate for your blog O.H .

I suppose the greeting the driver gave to the tobacco control officer was "Roll Up,Roll Up"

OK I'll get my coat

Rab C. Nesbitt said...

You're fucking kidding me.

Rab C. Nesbitt said...

Hate to be a link whore but Irish referendum ballot box interference?

Mitch said...

was it armed?

SO17 said...

I can get Super Skunk easier than cheap baccy in my town and if I smoke a fag in a pub will be punished more severly than some crackhead motherfucking spliffarse.

Dick Puddlecote said...

Classic divide and conquer. Instead of fobbing off hysterical anti-smoking fake-coughers and hand-wavers, simply give them a badge, a clipboard, and watch them go.

Dazed and Confused said...

There's always one way to Find Out whether the "Control Officers" wear uniforms or not, but I can't find any on-line pictures or vids.

caesars wife said...

is the fag force ? baccy babylon

roll up rozzers , cigi civil defense force .

caesars wife said...

is the fag force ? baccy babylon

roll up rozzers , cigi civil defense force .

Mark Wadsworth said...

I just stumbled across that while searching for the non-story about fewer people needing treatment for addiction to hard drugs.

I try to be eloquent and all, but seriously, what the fuck.

Anonymous said...

It makes me want to light up a gobful of fags & huff & puff my way through them - in public - FFS.

Leg-iron said...

I want to be a tobacco control officer. It sounds like fun.

"You. You're standing outside this pub and not smoking. Light up or fuck off."

"I'm sorry, Sir, but this is a smoking shelter. You cannot shelter from force ten gales and blizzards in here unless you smoke. Move along now."

I could flag down cars... "Excuse me, I'm a tobacco control officer. Have you got a light?"

Yeah, a dream job.

T England said...

Off topic but I thought of OH when I saw this!!
A sensitive internal document setting out how to prevent the disclosure of Ministry of Defence secrets has been leaked onto the internet.

You couldn't make it up!

Sigmund's Big Cigar said...

Just like the Bottom Inspectors in Viz.

'Have you wiped, sir?'

I am going for a brown khaki uniform, with an anal probe hanging off the belt.

woman on a raft said...

At some point it is going to have to come to head-shavings and parading jerry-bags on carts through the town.

This works better than hangings - minimally violent, maximally humiliating - which is the whole point.

richard said...

here they are.

banned said...

My Local Authority employs at least one such Tobacco Control Officer ( and so probably does yours ) who is expected to act upon " complaints " though mainly in workplaces, clubs and pubs. This chap seems to have overstepped his authority ( like they do ) and assumed the woman was in a Works vehicle; as she wasn't she should have told him where to stick his Enforcement Notice.
This approach would not work in the Channel Islands where it is illegal for anyone to smoke in any vehicle, ever.

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain


Related Posts with Thumbnails