Sunday, 8 February 2009

Show me your papers

Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 allows the police to stop and search people.

In 2008:
Number of people stopped nationwide by British Transport Police using s 44: 160,000
Number of people stopped in London by the Metropolitan Police using s. 44: 200,000
Number of people amongst the 360,000 stopped under s. 44 and found to have any terrorist material or links: 0

This has to stop.

(OH was section 44'ed on his harmless little walk last year. Stupid cunts)


Tory Poppins said...

That photo looks right @ home on the streets of Britain in this day and age. Only difference being, there's no knife-wielding thug loitering around anywhere!

K. McEgan. said...

Which is why I won't renew my British passport when it expires.

Old Holborn said...

Obama swearing his head off

"You ain't my bitch nigga, buy your own damn fries"

Anonymous said...

I saw this earlier, and was thinking about it when I took my elderly father out to take some photo's of buildings he designed many years ago. He wants to make a scrap book while he's still able to do so, but that probably makes him a "terrorist suspect".....

Anonymous said...

Hang on OH IS an evil terrorist. Dressing up in a costume. Walking about and photographing police persons. And he don't like the gummnt.Therefore: Terrorist.
So that '0' should read at least '1'.

BiluĊ› said...

I was also stopped, walking past King's Cross Station. The policeman told me he wanted to search my bag. I asked him why and he quoted said act. I said have you got any ID please. He said, what, you want to see my ID? Yes, I said. I inspected it at great length and did detect some level of pissed-offliness. So, OK. He barely looked in the bag, actually and then I went on my way.

Then, just round the corner at the British Museum - couldn't go in unless they searched my bag. Why? Because we have to, because of terrorism. Told him I'd just been searched by a police officer and proudly showed him my piece of paper to prove it. I'm sorry, we still have to search your bag. Then, I'm not going in. Went to a little local library round the corner and it was very nice and welcoming.

What the hell has happened?

Melisa Marzett said...

I stumbled across this entry and I liked it:) Thank for a clear explanation! Our will be glad to cooperate with people like you on a daily basis!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain


Related Posts with Thumbnails