Thursday, 5 February 2009

Many thanks

I've just spotted that Old Holborn is now the 11th most Influencial Political blog in the UK according to Wikio.

This blog was started one year ago as a way of letting off steam and annoying those who annoy me. It hasn't and doesn't cost a single penny to run so I encourage everyone to do the same by starting their own blogs.

Readers will have noticed that new authors have arrived and contributed some fantastic bollocks for you to fume, ponder or chuckle over and for 2009, the goal is to take this blog towards more of an online magazine, with specific areas of interest. Somewhere you could quite happily wander around all day without buying anything. More Harrods than Ann Summers

It will still be a vicious critique of the 646 fuckwitts who think they own us, it will still contain bile and vitriol, scandal and hypocracy, libel and insults. But maybe a bit of other stuff as well. Like the Tuscans attempts to boil a kettle and some shitty cartoons to rival Guidos.

So a big thanks to all our readers and to our authors. And as soon as I can wrap my head around 4 column blogs with tabs, we'll be moving the whole thing to a new platform on so those with sphincter police IT firewalls will be able to send me death threats as well.

No adverts, no moderation, no limits.


Anonymous said...

Well done, it has become an essential read for me daily. Looking forward to the new format.

Ampers said...

Same here, well done, and on my RSS feed.

Take a look at this nifty program allows you to build a combined website and blog.

It is very scalable, my chess club, poker club and, I believe, the local church use it - as do the United Nations and many large corporates.

Can't verify the local church though as I won't have anything to do with them :-)

Tory Poppins said...

Bravo! Outstanding achievement and well deserved!x Tp

max the impaler said...

Great news OH and the daily rant.Long may it continue to make the 646 realise how much we appreciate them.

JD said...

Congratulations - long may you run, JD.

Jade Goody said...

Will these changes happen soon?

Fanxalot, innit.

killemallletgodsortemout said...

Congrats and well done. They don't like it up 'em.

Into the top 5 next year, perhaps?

The Penguin said...

Oh, just noticed the label, errr, ummm...

Well, I'd just like to thank you all, so kind, never thought I'd be able to do this, and of course, I want to save the whales, and the poor children, and land mine victims, and well just everything really, and apple pies
(takes onion from pocket and is overcome with tears!)

Thank you, Old Holborn, God Bless all the little Holborns.

The Penguin.

Shirking From Home said...

Great news, cheers OH.

Grim Reaper said...

Well done to Old Holborn and the rest of the authors who make this blog one of the best.

I wonder where Dolly Draper's wankfest is in this list...

Anonymous said...

Top Bombing!

This site is a daily must for me. I treasure the ability to read freedom of speech.

This truly is the golden age of the Internet (before the bastards start hacking away at our digital rights).

Keep up the good work!

I'm spreading the word and I hope all your readers are.

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain


Related Posts with Thumbnails