Thursday, 11 September 2008

Head for the Hills!


Let us imagine, in our wildest dreams, a brand new totalitarian superstate. What devious methods of oppression would that superstate use against it’s own imprisoned citizens? How would it cope with a savvy and intelligent, internet aware citizens, used to expressing themselves as they wished. How would it cope with peoples who are used to travelling at will, to where they want? How would it suppress, monitor, survey and spy on it’s citizens using the very, very latest high tech equipment.

Well, the plans are being laid down right now. They will (and in many cases do already) include:

Permits to travel, pre authorised – your papers please
An all encompassing ID card – DNA, Bio, fingerprints, medical records, drivers licence and vehicle Registration, criminal records. All on one card.
A statewide paramilitary police force
Reduced border crossings to the free world.
All online activity by the “individual” to be monitored and digitised – from your mobile phone records to your friends on myspace, from your emails to which news site you read. Sorted and logged against each “citizen”. Accessible by all State authorities.

An example might be:


“work across multiple data streams and multiple types of data stream.
For example, if someone in an airport starts making a series of unusual mobile phone calls, the system might monitor the video streams of the areas where that person is more sensitively than it would normally. Or it might check passenger travel information to see if that person or someone related to them is due to arrive or depart in the next couple of hours.”

Fantasy? The basis of a good novel (in a new age way)?

Nope. FACT. The EU are planning all of the above and much much more for it’s citizens – including YOU. Statewatch have just released a 60 page report on it. Get over there and read it.



Tip: Get a new passport this year. It will be your last chance to get one without Biometrics or Iris scans. Ever.
h/t Obo

11 comments:

Injin said...

Absolutely inevitable and it's all about the demise of the bankers paradise.

When fraud won't do it, they'll use truncheons.

leg-iron said...

The nationwide paramilitary police idea has already been put out in the name of 'combating terrorism'.

As for the biometric passports, well, anyone sitting in an airport lounge with an RFID scanner can copy your details as you pass them. You'd never know until your bank account emptied.

They won't need to lose data any more. These things will give it away.

And yet, we don't seem to see any terrorists. Strange, eh?

Anonymous said...

Frightening OH. But not inevitable. Can they really put us all in jail if we refuse to co-operate? IMHO, the thing to do is to beat them at their own game & lie, lie, lie again. Due to having been married & possessing a number of forenames, I have 4 separate & completely legal identities, 2 passports (different names, different nationalities) plus bank accounts to back them up. My utility bills are in a variety of names & are paid in cash. My dogs have just gone on the Electoral Roll (I wanted to see if I could) however, they will not be voting as my aim is merely to spread misinformation & confusion & conserve my privacy. Only one of my mobile phones is in my name (the SIM that is, the actual phone is in someone else's name). Time consuming but well worth that warm feeling of teasing bureaucracy. I am neither a criminal nor a would be terrorist but I am not prepared to surrender my identity to unaccountable jobsworths.

Old Holborn said...

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

--Frederick Douglass

killemallletgodsortemout said...

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

I flew from Heathrow with some colleagues recently, and we arrived at the "security" gate as a group of 6 people.

The coon - yes, coon - who was on duty at the arch thing shouted at us "Right, all of you. Take your shoes off - now". The cunt. Reminded me of the Nazis shouting at Jews to take their clothes off before they went for a nice shower.

Trouble is if you "have a word", you probably don't fly. Submit, and you'll feel bad about yourself for a while.

Things have got to get worse before they get better.

Injin said...

Fred should have said something about the ability of the victim to fight back.

Otherwise, nice quote.

Anonymous said...

I left the UK this year. If they adopt "biometric" passports then my current British passport will be my last.

Old Holborn said...

I never fly from Heathrow. If it's longhaul, I change at Schipol and then a hop over the water to Stansted.

No one talks to me like that either. Well, not twice anyway.

I really hate having to get the permission of some ex colonial on the passport desk to enter my own fucking country as well.

"Where have you arrived from today, Sir?"

"A fly blown, stinking cesspit full of little Hitlers and rabid dogs. Your mother sends her regards"

electro-kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
electro-kevin said...

Where have you arrived from today, Sir?"

"A fly blown, stinking cesspit full of little Hitlers and rabid dogs. Your mother sends her regards"

Classic.

Did you see the drama about 9/11 a while back ? The immigration officer who wouldn't let one of the terrorists in to America after he ranted against officials ?

"I pray thanks every day for this country giving me a chance to escape the hell hole which I came from. That man hates America and I'm not letting him in."

If only we had some of that in Britain !

Some more of my conversation with Richard Younger-Ross MP:

"We live in a free country - you can't dicate how people dress."

Me, "We no longer live in a free country [alluding to the subject of this post] and seeing as we seem determined to become a police state please let it be modelled along sinister but ordered East German lines than barbaric and chaotic African ones."

Remember - I didn't want change. I was quite happy to keep things as they were and didn't like the rapid cultural changes being forced through by the youth of my day. Now THEY are in charge.

Whenever there are discussions in Parliament, or any other public forum, the idea of going back to old ways is ridiculed. This is because they can never admit they were wrong.

In order to save our country there's a real fight ahead, but I don't think our people have got it in them.

Anonymous said...

[quote="Anonymous"]
Anonymous said...
Frightening OH. But not inevitable. Can they really put us all in jail if we refuse to co-operate? IMHO, the thing to do is to beat them at their own game & lie, lie, lie again. Due to having been married & possessing a number of forenames, I have 4 separate & completely legal identities, 2 passports (different names, different nationalities) plus bank accounts to back them up. My utility bills are in a variety of names & are paid in cash. My dogs have just gone on the Electoral Roll (I wanted to see if I could) however, they will not be voting as my aim is merely to spread misinformation & confusion & conserve my privacy. Only one of my mobile phones is in my name (the SIM that is, the actual phone is in someone else's name). Time consuming but well worth that warm feeling of teasing bureaucracy. I am neither a criminal nor a would be terrorist but I am not prepared to surrender my identity to unaccountable jobsworths.
11 September 2008 15:34 [/quote]

You are Kim and I claim my free 'photo'

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails